Banana Espresso Chocolate Muffins
These muffins are easy, fast, and absolutely mouthwatering delicious! See how quickly it will take you to devour all twelve.
What you may not know about me is that I used to have a cupcake business. Of course, this was before babies. I tried many different cupcake recipes before developing my own. This banana espresso chocolate chip muffin recipe I found along the way from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking I never adjusted this recipe because why mess with perfection!
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 4 very ripe bananas, I put mine in a small food processor)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I only use Nestle)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees:
- Start with mashing your bananas in your food processor and melt your butter to have it ready.
- In a medium bowl mix together both sugars, egg, melted butter, milk, and banana. I usually just stir this with a rubber scraper.
- In another bowl whisk together your dry ingredients. Flour, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- Make a well in your dry ingredients to pour your wet ingredients into. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into a pre-greased muffin tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in muffin tin and remove muffins to a cooling rack.
TIP: I never cool my cupcakes and muffins 100% before storing. I have found that if they are still a tad warm (I mean a tad), and store them in an airtight container they stay super moist. DO NOT store your cupcakes or muffins in the fridge, I find that it dries them out.