Bread and Butter Zucchini Pickles
Bread and butter pickled zucchini, yum! I am not usually a sweet pickled girl but since I always have an overabundance of zucchini I thought I’d give this one a try. My Mum gave me this recipe to try on zucchini and as you can see in the photos below I tried both zucchini and cucumbers. I would suggest going zucchini all the way. After testing it out, my zucchini stayed crunchy as opposed to the cucumber and the zucchini soaked up more flavor. So let’s make some easy, delicious bread and butter pickled zucchini!
Soaking in an ice bath.
Sliced and ready for the boiling liquid.
Bring all ingredients to a boil. You are ready to ladle it in to the jars.
Ready to seal up the deliciousness. See, it’s that easy!
- 4 Cups Sugar
- 4 Cups Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Iodized Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard Seed
- 2 Tablespoons Tumeric
- Soak zucchini for four hours in an ice bath.
- Trim ends off zucchini, seed, cut zucchini to length, and insert into pint jars.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil on stove.
- Ladle the boiled mixture into your pint jars and close with lids.
My Mum suggested they sit for at least a couple weeks. I’m impatient so I opened them after a week and they were delicious. Even Bigs liked them!