Homeade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Cold, creamy, homeade vanilla bean ice cream. Are you drooling yet? This past weekend was a special one and this homeade vanilla bean ice cream recipe was my husband’s Sunday request. It’s delicious and super easy!
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. Madagascar Bourbon Pure vanilla extract
- Combine whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar in a medium size saucepan.
- Cut a slit the length of your vanilla bean. Scrape the seeds of bean and add that to the saucepan.
- Over medium heat and stirring frequently, heat until sugar is dissolved. There will be no grittiness left between your fingers.
- Turn off heat and strain mixture into a bowl.
- Cover with saran wrap. Make sure you allow the saran wrap to touch the surface of the ice cream mixture. It cuts down on the film that builds on the top of the ice cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until cooled.
- Place in your ice cream machine. I use the Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
- I let it run for 25-30 minutes.
- You can either eat immediately or let it firm up in the freezer before eating.
The vanilla bean flavor is so delicious we prefer to not ruin it with a bunch of toppings. On this occasion we just added fresh blueberries.
Take Bigs word for it, it’s delicious!
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Recipe.