Shredded Beef Tacos
These shredded beef tacos are mouthwatering good! My husband drank the drippings and my 21 month old cleaned his plate. This is a great recipe to throw in the crockpot and not worry about it. Spend some time with your kids and assemble tacos when ready.
- Chuck Roast
- 2 bottles of Angry Orchard Beer
- Medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced in fourths
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt and Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil for searing
- Crockpot and dutch oven
- Cut enough slits in roast for your garlic slices. Then push sliced garlic into slits.
- Liberally season both sides of roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil at medium – high heat in heavy bottom pan or dutch oven. I put enough olive oil into pan so that it covers the bottom.
- Sear roast on all sides and then remove to crockpot. Pour one bottle of Angry Orchard beer into the crockpot with roast.
- Pour the other bottle of Angry Orchard beer into pan. Scrape all the brown goodness off the bottom of your pan.
- Add chopped onions, cumin, brown sugar, and chili powder.
- Stir and let cook down for about 10 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add to crockpot.
- If pushed for time set crockpot on high for 6 hours, which is what I did. If you have the time I’d go low and slow.
- When finished, remove roast to a bowl and shred it with a fork. Add the juice. We do this so you can assemble tacos at your table.
We also use La Tiara Authentic Mexican taco shells. They are thin taco shells so assemble one at a time (with meat on top) so they don’t get soggy. We really prefer the flavor of those taco shells but you can use any. Use a fork to pull meat out of bowl as well to keep tacos from getting soggy.
We added sour cream, shredded colby jack cheese, cilantro, and home-ade guacamole to complete our tacos. We usually add salsa but didn’t do that with these. The flavor is just to good on their own!
Liberally salt with kosher salt and ground pepper. Put slits in meat for the garlic.
Get a good sear on all sides of meat.
Add Angry Orchard beer to pot after you’ve removed the meat to crockpot. Scrape the brown off the bottom.
Cook down the beer, onions, and spices until thickened. Doesn’t it look delicious?
The roast is sufficiently drunk now. Time to shred the meat.