It was a beautiful weekend and all I could think was summer is almost here. Nothing screams summer to me more than a Mojito. Since I’ve been pregnant the last two summers, I’ve had to drink them minus the rum. You’d be surprised that it tastes almost as good alcohol free. So for all you pregnant ladies here is your refreshing drink to replace the same old glass of water in the summertime. If you’re not pregnant, bring on the rum!
- 1/2 – 1 lime (depends how much you like lime. I went with 1)
- 2 tsp – 4 tsp. sugar (depends on your sweetness level)
- Club Soda (I prefer Schweppes)
- 8 Large mint leaves
- 2 oz Rum (omit the rum if you want alcohol free, trust me, it’s still good)
- Cocktail shaker (bottom only)
- Halve and quarter your lime and place in your glass.
- Remove your mint leaves from stem and place in glass.
- Add your sugar.
- Muddle these three ingredients together.
- Add your ice to fill the glass.
- You can add your rum at this point if you choose.
- Fill your glass with club soda.
- I pour my mojito from my glass to bottom of shaker and back a few times until blended together well. (Don’t shake in shaker)
- I slice a lime and add to glass just to make it look pretty.
Yummy and Enjoy!